Bureau for Information and Communication Technology (BICT), Nasarawa State.
- Powering e-Government initiatives and projects in the state
- Regulation of ICT hardware and software acquisition by providing the government with hardware and software specifications prior to contractual obligations for system acquisitions.
- Monitor and provide certification for all ICT projects in the State.
- Provision of Technical/Help Desk support and maintenance of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related issues within MDAs.
- Receive and manage enquiries from the website and disseminate same to relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) for the response.
- Ensure that all agencies’ activities (internal or external) are consistence with prevailing ICT laws and regulations at any given time.
- Constant collection, collation and processing of information to aid in strategic planning and research.
- Management of records and information references (data bank, registry, library etc.) including all IT projects.
- Maintenance of e-mail addresses for government functionaries on the State domain www.nasarawastate.gov.ng.
- Provision of Intranet and Internet System to encourage automation and reduce bureaucracy in communication within MDAs.
- Taking periodic inventory of ICT equipment within MDAs.
- Prepare ICT projects and programme Concepts for the State Government.
- Responsible for ICT policy preparation/review for approval of Mr. Governor and State EXCO.
- Responsible for Implementation of the approved ICT policy of the State.
- Responsible for preparation/implementation of ICT Strategy for the State.
- Facilitate rapid deployment of IT and enabling physical infrastructure.
- Design, deploy, troubleshoot and maintain all network infrastructures.
- Provide support to the MDAs ICT facilities.
Do you have questions about how Consulting BICT can help you? Send us an email and we’ll get in touch shortly, or phone between 8:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday — we would be delighted to speak.